Technical Assistance to support the Human Capital Development Programme for Bangladesh 2021
Key Expert 1: Programme Co-ordinator/Team Leader
This expert will be in charge of the coordination between the different result areas and will be in the lead for the activities under Result 3. He/she will play a significant role in facilitating a smooth and timely implementation of the HCDP-21 programme and in supporting the EUD in a more effective and strategic policy dialogue. On a needs-based basis, the Programme Co- ordinator/Team Leader will support the relevant GoB bodies in the adoption and implementation of the education reform agendas with expert opinions, recommendations and analytical research. He/she will also be responsible for assuring the quality of the work of its team members and in supporting the TACC in mobilising appropriate experts from the pool of non-key experts. Finally, he/she will update the EUD project manager and the TACC on a regular basis on the progress made and liaise with and between the different stakeholders when required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in education, social sciences, public administration, economics or other relevant field (or in the case of a Bachelor’s degree, additional 5 years of relevant professional experience);
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Full computer literacy and excellent reporting skills.
General Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in the education and/or TVET/skills sector. Experience in both sectors will be considered an asset;
- Evidence of experience in the design and implementation of EU budget support programmes, covering assignments of similar complexity and nature that took place in the last 5 years;
- Evidence of experience of EU aid delivery methods, covering assignments of similar complexity and nature that took place in the last 7 years.
Specific Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as Team Leader and/or senior managerial position in implementation of programme or projects in a developing or middle-income country context;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the education and/or TVET/skills sector in a developing or middle income country context;
- Previous experience in South Asia will be considered an asset.
Key expert 1 is to be available for the full duration of the project and will provide a minimum of 750 days input.