European Projects Management Ltd. has been awarded the EuropeAid project contract in Egypt, in consortium with the European Profiles S.A.:
Project Title: Enhancing the Employability of Youth and Unemployed / Low-Skilled Workers, and Improving their Transition to Employment
Project Reference: EuropeAid/137387/IH/SER/EG
Value of the Contract: 4 310 000 EUR
The purpose of the contract is to improve the structure and performance of the TVET system to better respond to Egypt’s new socio-economic needs, and in particular, boosting the employability of youth and increasing the country’s competitiveness.
The overall objective of this contract:
- Developing a methodology to identify, collect, structure and analyse the demand for skills; testing/experimenting/implementing the identified methodology in pilot economic sectors (Tourism, Renewable Energies, Building & Construction, Agribusiness, Food processing and Engineering including RMG), selected on the basis of their potential for growth and employment;
- Based on the results of studies carried out to identify the needed skills, occupational requirements and existing gaps in the selected pilot sectors, developing / adjusting skills programmes in order to meet the labour market needs and to contribute to the employment of youth/job seekers as well as to the up-skilling of workers;
- Developing and operationalising career guidance and counselling services in the TVET institutions;
- Initiating a national structure responsible for the Labour Market Information System (LMIS) and operationalising the LMIS;
- Reviewing, activating and enhancing the Ministry of Technical Education and Training (MoTET) transition to employment units at the central, governorates, and schools levels.