Title: Technical assistance to support education sector reform in Morocco
The specific aim of this contract is to recruit a technical assistance team for the ‘Éducation II’ programme. This will consist of providing a team of 4 main experts and a pool of secondary experts (permanent and temporary, senior and junior) in the various fields covered by the programme, in order to achieve the results of the ‘Éducation II’ programme.
Result 1: equal access to basic education (mainly preschool, primary and lower secondary education) is expanded:
- preschool education in rural areas is developed,
- schooling and individual assistance for vulnerable children in difficult circumstances and with special needs are strengthened,
- the quality and effectiveness of social support services are promoted,
- compulsory schooling for girls is consolidated.
Result 2: the quality of the education system is improved:
- language learning and the teaching of science, technology and mathematics are strengthened,
- examination, learning assessment and certification systems are developed,
- the level of competence and the performance of teaching and managerial staff are improved.
Result 3: the governance of the education system is modernised:
- the autonomy and performance of schools are strengthened,
- the institutional governance and human resources management of the education system are strengthened.
It should be noted that the technical assistance teams, in particular the team of main experts, will have just as many tasks to support the successful implementation of the project (e.g. supporting coordination, monitoring, etc.) as technical assistance tasks (strengthening capacities, conducting studies, leading communication and visibility initiatives, organising study trips, setting up information systems, etc.).
Publication date of shortlist notice: 28 February 2017
Download Morocco 137786 edu reform shortlist